Saturday 8 January 2011

top 10 cd purchases of 2010

In response to Ed's recent compilation I decided to list my top 10 purchases of 2010. As you will see, the cds were not necessarily released in 2010 and some are a good bit older...

For those who want to hear the tracks most are available on a Spotify playlist I created (username spottiewattie17) or if you would prefer I can send you a cd compilation (unlike Ed who emailed me 19 mp3 files - none of them named). My computer has just about recovered from the marathon download session! Calling me an "ungrateful tosser" was a bit harsh ;)

Ok pop pickers:

10 Mocking Bird by Barclay James Harvest - I used to have the gatefold lp cover on my bedroom wall after I stole it from a wall display at Dundee Caird Hall after a gig in the 70s. In memory of Woolly Wolstenholme who died recently.

9 What you know by Two Door Cinema Club - love the prominent bass on this entire cd.

8 The last nail by Dan Fogelberg - west-coast rock from my teenage years.

7 This Woman's Work by Kate Bush - missed this the first time round. Emotional song.

6 Daisy by Karine Polwart - Scottish folk at its best.

5 Are you here by Corinne Bailey Rae - amazing personal lyrics about her (dead) husband.

4 Baby Lee by Teenage Fanclub - another classic.

3 All things must pass by George Harrison - finally got round to buying this cd after 35 years.

2 Lloyd I'm ready to be heartbroken by Camera Obscura - a John Peel favourite.

1 Animals by The Answering Machine - got some great photos at the Drummonds gig.

Anyway, hope you enjoy them if you manage to listen to any of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment