Saturday 11 September 2010

it had to happen


Next time I mention possible purchases please take my cards off me. I've resisted for months, if not years, but a reduction from £160 to £106 persuaded me. I'm now awaiting delivery of a Wild Country Sololite tent. Looks ace and gets great reviews.

Of course, once I had paid for the tent people tell me I can borrow their tent. Thanks A :)

Because of the above madness I went for a wee walk looking for suitable wild camping locations. One of my favourite areas is the Cabrach and I think I've found 2 possibilities.

They are both on the walk up to Mount of Haddoch and I'll take advice from my hillwalking buddies. That's you, Graham and Brian. If all goes well I look forward to short, wild camps in the area without long walks in. Wild camping at New Year? Possibly.

Mike managed to solve my computer problem last night and he's quite right. Fiona and I had too much red wine and I paid the price this morning! Mike also predicted I would get wet on my walk today and he was right again. Quite a heavy shower on the hill. I suppose I should have met him in the Grill Bar for a pie and a pint after all.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds good, camping in the wild, but would want a pub within a 20 minute walk of the tent. Would also like a shotgun for the infamous giant cats, box of matches and firelighters for the BBQ and a guide in the form of Ray Mears. Oh, and a socket to charge my phone.
    But wild camping at New Year...? Are you wise? The sound of the bells will be the clinking of my frozen knackers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cairngorms...that's where you want to be camping..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you still going for it? Have you got your tent yet? I'm inspired to write an article on tents later...

    ReplyDelete