Friday 17 September 2010

New tent


This is the tent purchased with the aim of doing a bit of wild camping for softies. It's the Wild Country Sololite. I tried it out in the back garden and boy is it small. At the bottom end it is narrow with just enough room for my sleeping mat which is only 50 cm wide. On the plus side, it seems very stable and the reviews online are very positive.

Sod's Law means that the weather has taken a turn for the worse and the north-west wind is making it feel quite cold. My sore throat and blocked nose dictate that I am sleeping in comfort tonight. Hopefully I will get off my backside and venture out tomorrow.

If all goes to plan I am heading for Ryntaing at the head of Glen Buchat. I've been there before and it is a beautiful spot.

1 comment:

  1. Nope. Sorry. Not for me. Find it astonishing that this little thing will stay firm in the kind of winds we've had at low levels recently, let alone up on top of the hills. Will you be able to have a fire going outside it? Now that you have a tent which can be kept in your pocket you'll be able to carry a patio heater to keep warm at night.

    ReplyDelete